Having recently spent an incredible 7 days at a detox retreat in Costa Rica, I’ve been left feeling pretty much like a ‘new’ person – Self 2.0, we could call it.
Each and every day brought a brand new adventure, and I lived in the moment as much as possible. This, along with the fact there were no clocks anywhere in the retreat centre, really helped slow down time, if not bringing it to a standstill when embracing particular beautiful moments as they happened (and it was certainly filled with an abundance of such moments).
I could talk (or type) for hours on why it was such an amazing, heart-opening, healing, consciousness-expanding, therapeutic, transformational experience. But I’ll leave some to the imagination, and some for individual posts.
For now I’ll keep it simple, and just sum up, some of the things I learned during my time in Costa Rica:
- Walk gratefully through life, with no expectations. We can expect the best for ourselves (we deserve it), but we shouldn’t expect ‘specific’ outcomes. Have no attachments to the future.
- Music is medicine. Vibration, tones and hertz matter – a lot.
- Believe and know that you deserve all the good things coming your way. Know you are a Creator, and can make your dreams come true.
- Know you are a divine creation, a being of Purity and Light. Your existence is beautiful.
- Trust others. This one’s particularly important. It really is a powerful practice.
- Open your heart. Allow love to pour out, and in.
- Let go of the past.
- Don’t look at the time too much! Live in the moment, as much as possible.
I also fell in love, with my Self and with an Other… a feeling I’ve never truly experienced. All by having no expectations, opening my heart, accepting myself and trusting others, I allowed love to flow. And boy did it surprise me, in ways I never would have even imagined.
I’m so grateful for my life, what this trip has offered and taught me, and for the chance to now integrate it and spread light into mine (and others’) every-day.